The real cause of all diseases and how to reduce and prevent it!
Inflammation controls our lives. Did you know that inflammation is the common link between such debilitating diseases as heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, obesity, Alzheimers, arthritis and visible signs of aging? If you reduce inflammation in your body, you’ll not only look and feel younger, but you’ll significantly lower your risk for chronic diseases!
Inflammation is your body’s response to stress, from your diet/nutrition, lifestyle or environment, from the food you eat, to the water you drink and the air you breathe. Think of what happens when you catch a cold. You may experience inflammation in the form of a fever as your body heats up to eradicate the effects of the invading virus. This kind of inflammation is good, but the modern epidemic of chronic, low-grade dietary inflammation destroys the balance or homestasis in your body. When your body’s systems experience a constant inflammatory response, you are more susceptible to aging and disease.
The majority of inflammatory diseases start in the gut with an autoimmune reaction which progresses into systemic inflammation.
One of the main causes of inflammation is low-grade bacterial, viral, and fungal infections in the bloodstream and organs like the stomach and gastrointestinal tract. 70% of your immune system is located in your gut and digestive system.
H pylori is a bacteria in the stomach that contributes to inflammation and the development of ulcers. H pylori is present in 50% of adults over 60 years old and in 20% of adults under the age of 40. As you may have guessed by now, inflammation is very common and is caused by more than just pathogenic organisms.
Dietary inflammation is what you have the most control over and the simplest to take control of in your daily diet. Reduce or eliminate all sugars, grains, gluten and processed foods, which contain GMO’s, corn, soy and wheat and are sprayed with the pesticide glyphosate, the most toxic chemical on the planet.
Eat whole, real foods. Plant based vegetables and fruits, organic, non-GMO whenever possible. If food comes in a box, bag, package, carton, container or has a barcode, avoid it! That means it has been processed and probably has GMO corn, soy or wheat and is contaminated with the pesticide glyphosate and other chemicals that cause systemic inflammation,
Additionally, your fish, meat and egg sources should be wild caught, grass-fed, pasture raised and organically fed.
Be sure to drink pure water.
Other causes of inflammation include:
- Chronic low-grade food allergies or food sensitivitiesthat may cause few symptoms.
- An imbalance of bacteria and fungiin your gastrointestinal tract, also known as dysbiosis. This causes your immune system to overreact to bacteria in your gut and can be without notable symptoms.
- Stress!Constant psychological, emotional or physical stress raises the level of cortisol, creating inflammation.
- Environmental toxicityfrom our air, water, food pollutants and toxic heavy metals such as mercury, aluminum and lead all contribute to inflammation and are linked to all chronic diseases from heart disease, strokes and cancers.
- Diet and lifestyle: too much sugar, grains and processed foods, GMO’s in your diet, constant dehydration or drinking non-pure water, consumption of too many sodas or caffeine, inactivity, and lack of sleep can all increase inflammation in your body.
Symptoms of inflammation include:
- Visible signs of aging like wrinkles.
- Susceptibility to bacterial, fungal, and viral infections.
- Acid reflux
- Skin conditions like psoriasis and acne.
- Chronic pain
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)